[mythtv-users] Lossless Mythtranscode in 0.26

John Finlay finlay at moeraki.com
Fri Sep 27 09:03:00 UTC 2013

On 9/15/2013 12:38 PM, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2013-09-15, at 2:10 PM, John Finlay <finlay at moeraki.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking of upgrading to 0.26 but I recall that there was an issue with lossless transcoding using Mythtranscode. Since this is a feature that I use I wanted to find if this was still a problem or should I wait for 0.27 where I hope the problem is fixed.
> I do lossless transcoding all the time and it's reliable now. There is an issue where, when you cut the beginning of your recording, myth doesn't play its audio but I haven't checked if that's a bug in transcode or myth playback.
>
> - George

I upgraded to 0.27 and lossless transcoding completes but creates a file
which seems to have damaged meta-information according to ffmpeg/avconv
but not according to mythffmpeg. The original file gives the same info
for both ffmpeg and mythffmpeg but after the lossless transcoding they
produce different results for bitrate and duration. The transcoded file
is playable within myth but vlc thinks it's much shorter. Handbrake
processes the tanscoded file very slowly.

John