[mythtv-users] Program Schedules: working or not? How to (re)configure?

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Wed Sep 25 22:00:32 UTC 2013

Oh I really hosed it this time.

On Sep 25, 2013, at 4:44 PM, Leif Pihl wrote:
> below
>
> On Sep 25, 2013, at 4:16 PM, Leif Pihl wrote:
>> I feel like I'm drinking from a firehose.

>>> Typically its:
>>>
>>> /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend start
>>>
>>> but this may vary by distribution.

>>> That old X-window thing.  You're using it any time you run Linux with
>>> a graphical user interface (with a few exceptions).

>>> mythtered is the name of my mythtv backend box.  My wife picked the
>>> name, showing her sense of humor.  The part up to and including the %
>>> is just my command line prompt.
>>>
>>> ps is a unix command which prints the current process table.  "uax"
>>> are options to ps to get it to show all the processes.  grep is a
>>> command which filters its input based on a pattern.  The pipe
>>> character | feeds the output of the command on its left side into the
>>> input of the command on its right side.  Put it all together and it
>>> prints the process info of any process with "backend" in its name.
>>>
>>> Eric
>>

> Well, I used a "kludge" method to start the backend.
> I restarted the backend settings application, then exited it and clicked the button to restart the backend.
>
> I waited, and waited, then restarted the frontend application...
>
> (insert drumroll sound)
>
> and YUP...   The same error message appears:

> I'll try to re-read the 3:52pm message_s_  from Eric Sharkey  and  Stephen P. Villano,
> but right now, I just do not see a fix.
>
> Should I assign the static IP of 192.168.0.200 in the BackEnd Settings?
>   (FFI, see my posting from 1:44pm.)

OK, so I went ahead and tested the use of the Box's Static IP address  (192.168.0.200).
That didn't help.
So I went back into the Backend Setup App, and lo and behold...
...The Backend Setup WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO UNDO the static IP address!
(I do NOT have any other BackEnd MythTV boxes anywhere in my network!)

How in the world do I undo THIS one?

.