[mythtv-users] Program Schedules: working or not? How to (re)configure?

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Wed Sep 25 18:44:21 UTC 2013

Arrrrggg!

On Sep 24, 2013, at 7:17 PM, Karl Newman wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Leif Pihl <leif at pihl.us> wrote:
> Eric:
>
> Turning off the Comcast feed for the 1800 card could make sense, it's the one connected to the over-the-air antenna.
> However, the 2250 card _IS_ connected to the CATV signal.
>
> AND
>
> I've not found a way to input this data twice,
>   one set for the 1800 (Antenna) and
>   a different set for the 2250 (CATV/Comcast).
>
> I'll do the EIT right away.
>
> LP
>
> Watch the top-posting (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mailing_List_etiquette). You need to log in to your Schedules Direct account and create a new lineup for the broadcast/OTA channels (in addition to your existing Cable TV lineup). Then in mythtv-setup, you need to configure that new lineup as a video source (that is MythTV's name for a set of channels and associated listing data which are tunable by the selected input), and then in Input Connections, assign that OTA video source to the 1800.
>
> By the way, it would be a good idea to do a clean start: perform a "Delete all capture cards" (not "Delete all on this host") and start from scratch. It shouldn't take you long and it will ensure you don't have old invalid entries that might confuse the backend.
>
> Karl

After doing the (earlier described) command line upgrades (versus the "Update Manager" built into the graphical interface),   I checked my settings in "schedulesdirect.org", and found that they were already correct.

I then went ahead and followed Karl's advice, and deleted the cards, and re-identified them.

Also, somewhere along in this process I also managed to get the various software packets updated....
But now I have an old problem that's coming back to haunt me.  (And no, I don't remember how I fixed it last time.)

Whenever the Front End starts up, I get this message:
   Could not connect to master backend
   MythContext
   Could not connect to the master backend server.  Is it
   running?  Is the IP address set for it in mythtv-setup
   correct?

This occurs when it starts from a entire system restart as well as immediately after I've been in the Backend Setup program.   And yea, the IP address is set to something like 127.0.0.1

NOTE:  My router does have a Static IP address set for this box of 192.168.0.200 , however, a Unix/Linux/BSD-informed friend of mine has said in the past that this should be totally irrelevant, and that the default value in the MythTV Backend Setup should be left as is.

What do I do next to fix this?

.