[mythtv-users] Host 192.168.1.101 is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 06:50:21 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I am putting mythv on a new install and succesfully transferred my database.

When I run mythfrontend, i get a screen where I can select my country and
language and then it takes me to "Database Configuration 1/2" page where
one of the settings is Hostname.  When that is set for 192.168.1.101 (the
IP address of the box) it won't let me connect to the database.  When I
type in localhost for the Hostname, I can get into mythfrontend, but this
every time I restart mythfrontend, it reverts to 192.168.1.101.

Where is myth getting that numerical IP from and how do I permanently
change it to localhost?

Thanks