[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27 is out

Bob Long bob at oblong.com.au
Wed Sep 25 00:11:48 UTC 2013

I wrote:

> I've got Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) 3.2.0-53 plus Mythbuntu; MythTV is
> fixes/0.25 (0.25.3-49).
>
> In Mythbuntu Control Center is see only 0.25 and 0.26 as options.

After helpful responses from the list, this is what I did, in some
detail, and experienced. Hopefully may help others. Because I'm
cautious, there may be some unnecessary steps here.

Follow the procedure at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MySQL_Time_Zone_Tables

To "enter mysql", in a terminal, type:

sudo mysql

and you'll get to the MySQL prompt. Enter the "SELECT..." command.

In my case, tables were not loaded. Exit MySQL by typing "quit" at the
prompt.

Type:

mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo | mysql -u root -p<yourpassword>
mysql

I think I removed the -p password option. I also received several errors
saying that some timezones could not be loaded; that didn't seem to be a
problem.

The test then showed that the timesones were loaded.

In Mythbuntu Control Centre|Repositories, Only 0.25 and 0.26 were
showing; click on refresh: 0.27 and 0.28 then appeared. That process may
take a minute or so. Note that this only changes the repository
information; it does not do an actual upgrade.

Exit Mythbuntu Control Centre.

In a terminal:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

For me, that did nothing because there had been a recent upgrade.

Maybe unnecessay, but I then ran the Backend Setup, exited, and did not
re-start the backend and did not do mythfilldatabase.

Run Mythbuntu Control Centre again, select 0.27 and click "Apply". Exit.

I then used Synaptic Package Manager to do the updates:

Search for "mythtv" in the Quick Filter. It will still show 0.25. Click
"Reload" button. It will still show 0.25, but now with 0.27 available as
an upgrade. Click "Mark all upgrades" and then "Apply".

During the process there was an internal error, related to
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py. I closed that error; the
upgrade seemed to complete.

I started the frontend; there was a prompt to upgrade the database.
There was also another appearance of the tmdb3.py error.

The frontend also said there were other clients in use. That wasn't so,
but being unsure, I exited and rebooted the computer.

Running MythTV frontend again I got the database conversion prompt
again, and the statement that other clients were in use, and the
tmdb3.py error.

I proceded anyway, and that seemed to work.

Since then, the tmdb3.py error has not occured again.

Seems to working so far.

Thanks to the developers and those on the list who help.

--
Bob Long