[mythtv-users] after upgrade to v0.27, mythfilldatabase is not running on schedule anymore

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 17:33:11 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/24/2013 07:49 AM, Daniel Frey wrote:
>
>> In v0.26, mythfilldatabase was setup to run on the schedule that
>> schedulesdirect indicated. This was setup in mythtv-setup and was carried
>> over to v0.27.  I verified the settings after upgrade.
>>
>> Now when I look at the mythfilldatabase log, I only see successful runs
>> from when I manually run mythfilldatabase.  I am not seeing any log
>> messages in the mythbackend log indicating mythfilldatabase has failed, or
>> even ran for that matter.
>>
>> Where can I look to see why this is failing or not scheduling to run?
>>
>> Backend is mythbuntu 12.04 LTS.
>>

> Hey Dan;
>
> Check for the following in your backend's log:
>
>     Registering HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
>     Queueing HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
>     Running HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB'.
>     HouseKeeperTask 'MythFillDB' Finished Successfully.
>
> I *believe* mythfilldatabase is only being called with
> it's configured path and arguments (e.g. --dd-grab-all)
> as set in mythtv-setup. It doesn't appear to inherit
> the logging options from the backend.
>
> I don't see any mythfilldatabase.* logfiles either. But,
> I do have proper schedules.
>
> You could just add --syslog (or whatever you prefer) to
> your existing options for mfdb.
>
> --
> Bill

Thanks Bill,

I do see those messages in there.

This might be a mythbuntu thing, but I also have a log in
/var/logs/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log.

When I run it manually, this log gets the results of manual run.

I do see those message in the log, and it looks to have completed
successfully at 4:06 am on 9/23.  I can also see that the last completed
successfully message was on 9/21, so it looks to be running every 2 days.
 I do not see anything in the log for my manual run at 1:06 pm on 9/23, but
that is what mythweb indicates was the last successful run.

Dan

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>