[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27 is out

Bob Long bob at oblong.com.au
Tue Sep 24 06:58:23 UTC 2013

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:22 AM, Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com
> <mailto:moores.martin at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     You need to run:
>
>     sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>
>     Same thing happens with kernal upgrades etc, they don't get
>     installed with a normal system update

I've got Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise) 3.2.0-53 plus Mythbuntu; MythTV is
fixes/0.25 (0.25.3-49).

In Mythbuntu Control Center is see only 0.25 and 0.26 as options.

If I do:

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

will that leave Ubuntu on 12.04 (my preference)?

Will that bring 0.27 in as an option in Mythbuntu Control Center?

If so, can I go straight from 0.25 to 0.27?

If not, do I go from 0.25 to 0.26 and then to 0.27?

I've checked the Mythbunty site, but it's not obvious to me.

Thanks.

--
Bob Long