[mythtv-users] slightly OT: Can dd not be used on mp4?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 18:39:04 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Jim Stichnoth <stichnot at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> I copied it over to Mythvideo and was able to seek/fast forward.
>>>
>>> OK, sounds like extra markup is getting in your way then.  If you're
>> comfortable with using raw mysql commands, try this:
>>
>>   select * from recordedmarkup where chanid=xxx and starttime=yyy and
>> type>=33;
>>

> chanid        starttime                  mark type data
> 1019          2013-09-18 06:00:00 0        33 1026
> 1019          2013-09-18 06:00:00 0        34 92396
>
> 33=duration, so it thinks the program is 1.026s long.  34=framecount, and
92K frames at 25fps is about an hour, so that seems plausible.  I bet this
will fix the problem:

  delete from recordedmarkup where chanid=xxx and starttime=yyy and type=33;

I don't know what Handbrake has done to the framerate/framecount, so it
might be safer to use "type>=33" instead of just "type=33".

Jim