[mythtv-users] [UK] ITV Channels Freeview and Freesat different series/program IDs

Jksj jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 11:23:03 UTC 2013

On 22/09/13 12:21, Paul Raison wrote:
> On 21 Sep 2013, at 19:30, John <reidjr at lineone.net> wrote:
>
>> I have both freeview and freesat on my myth backend, and found a ( slightly) annoying problem with ITV channels. As these channels are exactly the same from both sources, I have matching channum/callsign etc.
>>
>> If I schedule a "record all showings" and set the scheduling to check for duplicates, and prefer freesat ( higher quality), it will record 1 copy from Freesat, and then at another time, one from Freeview.  They don't record at the same time, so the scheduling is preferring freesat.
>>
> I have exactly the same setup as you. I got around the problem by using the Radio Times XMLTV for listings on these channels. Using the single listings source ensure that programme / series ids remain the same.
>
> Regards
>
> Paul Raison

I have the same set up as you but have not experienced the problem you
are reporting. I do get the odd funny where the scheduler gets confused
if there are minor differences in the two EPGs (patricularly times being
slightly different). Noting your comment that  you have matching
channum/callsign. I have Freesat & Freeview configured as different
sources using different channel numbers. ie they appear separately in
the EPG. That may be the key difference.
Its a matter of getting your head round the scheduling section of
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-HOWTO_-_0.27#Scheduling_Options :-) .
I am considering making the call signs different so Myth treats the two
sources as completely separate entities. This should work fine using the
'record on any channel' (Myth 0.27)rule with an HD filter when required.
The prioritisation of Freesat as a source would still work, what do you
think?
N.B. I have been down the XMLTV route and agree that the data is more
consistent but wanted to use the same data source as the rest of the
country ie the EPG as it is bound to be more upto date.