[mythtv-users] Hauppauge remote; how to activate? [2nd of 2 questions]

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Mon Sep 23 02:29:07 UTC 2013

*** SEE ALSO IMAGES ATTACHED BELOW ***

I upgraded the software from 0.25 to 0.27 , but I still did not see an explicit reference to the remote I have, from the Hauppauge HVR-2250.

     Any further comments?

As above states, please see images attached below.
* Under a separate post I've discussed the program-schedule problem (see "SECOND card in addition to...").
* I've also updated the "Blue Screen of death...." posting (about the MythTV upgrade).

On Sep 21, 2013, at 9:43 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 08:25:18 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> Along with my Hauppage HVR-2250 there came a remote that I'd like to use with my MythBuntu box.  I don't see much of a model number or serial number on the remote.  The only identifier is a sticker on the back that says "RC6".
>>
>> Continued use of a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard for my own use isn't such a big deal.
>> HOWEVER
>> This is also the family's replacement for a regular TV.
>>
>> ** I have to at LEAST get this one remote working, and can't figure out how.
>>
>> Side issue:
>> Both my wife and I have Android phones, the Samsung Galaxy S (hers is a S2, mine is a S3).
>> Installed in both is the "mythmote" application.
>> A setting for this app that I can not recall HAS been set in the MythTV settings.
>> It would be nice if I could get all three remotes to work.
>> (Although not at the same time of course!)
>>

>> Can anyone provide me with some advice on how to get the Hauppauge remote working?
>
> It is not unlikely that the HVR-2200 remote is very similar to my
> Hauppauge Nova TD-500 and Hauppauge HVR-900R2 remotes, which are
> virtually identical.  If so, then you can try the config files for
> them that I have available for download from here (my personal web
> site):
>
>  http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/Nova-TD-500-lirc.bz2
>
> I made this config largely using the information on this page:
>
> http://linhes.org/projects/linhes/wiki/Architecture_and_Customization
>
> which describes how remotes work with the new kernel drivers and how
> to debug each stage of the config.  That page is for LinHes, so there
> are a few differences with Mythbuntu (some different commands and
> placement of files), but most of the detail is the same.

.
.
Below is the only external label I can find on the remote (back side):