[mythtv-users] SECOND card in addition to the Hauppauge HVR-2250?

Daniel Frey dmfrey at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 01:13:29 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Bob <mythtv at cox.net> wrote:

> On 09/12/2013 10:54 AM, Leif Pihl wrote:
>
>> Does anyone out there use a SECOND card in addition to the dual channel
>> Hauppauge HVR-2250?
>> I seem to finally have the 2250 running, this in addition to the HVR-1800
>> that I got going first.
>>
>> I have the 1800 (single channel) hooked up to the Antenna in the attic,
>> and the 2250 (dual channel) is connected to the CATV input.
>>
>> Beyond that, are there any words of advice regarding how to configure
>> MythTV for my situation?
>> Note that I HAVE signed up to schedulesdirect.org for the $6 (2 month?)
>> trial period.
>>
>>  I have a an HVR-1250 I use for OTA and an HVR-2250 I use for CATV
> (QAM-256). I'm not sure what your question is so I will make some
> statements that I hope will guide you.
>
> I have 2 line-ups in schedulesdirect.org, one for OTA and one for CATV. I
> associate each of those with the appropriate tuners. I don't believe there
> were any other tricks or complications.

I don't run with any cards anymore in my backend (only network tuners now),
but when I did, and I had 2 cards in there (same make, different models), I
had to mess with udev rules to keep the dev ids from switching on different
reboots. I am not sure of the state of this in newer systems, but it is
something to look out for if you find your /dev/video* devices periodically
switching.

--
My Google Profile <http://www.google.com/profiles/dmfrey>