[mythtv-users] .27 install

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Sep 22 22:07:13 UTC 2013

On 09/22/2013 05:56 PM, Greg Thompson wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am running .26 fixes right now built from source. Do I need to do a make uninstall in that mythtv folder before I do a make install from my .27 fixes build folder? Or can I just do a make install from my new .27 folder?
>
> Thanks!

You will need to clean up the existing installation before you install
the new version.  If you don't, you will leave files around the file
system that don't need to be there, and some of them will likely break
the new install (so, until you clean it up later, your new install won't
work).

Using make uninstall will remove nearly everything that was installed by
make install.  However, you must use the make uninstall that was created
with the make install you used (or a "close proximity"--meaning the same
version (and, possibly revision) of mythtv was configured exactly the
same as before).

Since it sounds like you actually have the source directory you used to
install MythTV, using its make uninstall to clean up the file system is
by far the easiest way to clean up your existing MythTV install before
upgrading.

So, short answer, "Yes." :)

Mike