[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27 is out

Rich Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Sun Sep 22 15:26:21 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 7:20 AM, Rob Jensen <bertaboy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> From: Karl Newman <siliconfiend at gmail.com>
>> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM, lists.md301 <lists.md301 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Anyone have any idea when an official portage Gentoo ebuild will appear?
>>>
>> I wouldn't hold my breath if I was you. MythTV has languished in portage for a while--I seem to recall it went over a year without an update, then a little flurry of action a few months ago, but it's still been pretty quiet.
> If either of you has written up a local ebuild script, I'll be willing
> to test it out.

If somebody has one by all means open a bug, otherwise I plan to get
one in portage fairly soon.

Not quite sure what is meant by things being pretty quiet - if
anything I think things have been quiet in a good way.  I've been
posting monthly fixes for 0.26 and we just stabilized 0.26 a month ago
(which is a bit of a milestone after the long inactivity).  Things got
busy so I'm about a month behind, but I should have another 0.26-fixes
in my overlay today and in portage in a few days if testing goes well.
 I want to get that out since 0.26 is basically EOL so that we have
something fairly recent to stabilize and then from there I plan to
move to 0.27 with monthly fixes...

If anybody wants to pitch in and lend a hand, they're more than welcome...  :)

Rich