[mythtv-users] Zotac Ion 1 Won't Shut Down

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 21 21:57:32 UTC 2013

On 22/09/2013, at 4:34 AM, "Mark Pennock" <markitman2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a problem with one of my frontends where it won't exit and shut down from the mythtv menu. It doesn't matter which theme I choose.
>
> The interesting thing is that I just upgraded my system from mythbuntu 10.10 on 0.24 to 12.04 with 0.26 and it has the exact same problem as before the upgrade. Now I have 3 ion frontends and did the same upgrade to all of them and the other two have no problem before and after the upgrade so it tracks the particular front end.
>
> I used to be able to deal with this as in the old setup when I press the power button it would shut down but after the upgrade this no longer works. I have to hold the power button until a hard shut down occurs, which obviously is not a good way to shut down a computer.
>
> So, I either need to figure out how to fix this or setup some sort of keyboard command that will shut down the front end. Anyone else see anything like this? Thanks.
[Mark] I had a similar issue when AirPlay was enabled on the frontend. I think this could be confirmed by running mythfrontend from the terminal and checking the last few lines in the terminal once the freeze has occurred. Stops at or a few lines after 'unloading airplay services' or something. Quick fix was to just disable Airplay in the frontend if you don't use it. Or upgrade to 0.27 as fixed in 0.27 but not 0.26 or prior.
http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11194