[mythtv-users] mythv 0.27 test packages (future RPM Fusion)

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 16:36:08 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 9:59 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
> <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 8:43 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> Yup, I have a test package but yum/rpm is telling me the data
> directories
> >> between the two packages conflict... Right now I've got the symbolic
> link in
> >> %install and then a %pre and %post to migrate the data.
> >
> > There is a really ugly hack to use the %pretrans hook
> > to change directories to symlinks, or files.
>
> If none of the references make sense, if you send me your
> current files(s) (off-line), I'll ramp up my plague-client (I
> am pretty sure I have to re-generate my certificate it at
> this point; have not used them in years) and work on the
> spec files to try and make things happy.

I'm working through it but it's a major PITA... I don't think I'm going to
have to resort to the "lua" trick since new installs should get the old
package and /bin/sh will be available for updates.

For some reason my symbolic link isn't getting made with I update so I've
got to debug that. I also had to add an additional ugly hack to make the
symlink part of the RPM so it will be removed during uninstall... Basically
I used the %ghost directive, but for it to work you actually have to have a
file there so I'm using touch to create an empty file so %ghost will be
happy so I can get the symlink to be part of the package so it will removed
upon uninstall... Talk about a chain of events... And ALL of this because
RPM can't handle replacing a directory with a symlink.

Thanks,
Richard