[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 0.27, now metadata is being downloaded

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 13:11:27 UTC 2013

On 09/20/2013 11:27 AM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> Mythbuntu 12.04 MythTV fixes/0.27 (v0.27-1-g5b917b8)
>
> I have just upgraded from 0.26 to 0.27.  In 0.26, I had disabled
> metadata for recordings - I set up the recording rules with the
> metadata option off and also put that in the default template.  That
> worked - I had no downloaded metadata.
>
> Since the upgrade to 0.27, I am getting metadata downloaded for a lot
> of recordings.  I just checked a couple of the recording rules for
> recordings that have suddenly got metadata, and they still have the
> "Automatically Look Up Metadata" option off.  So does anyone know why
> is this happening?  And how I can stop it?  And how I go about
> removing all the metadata that has been downloaded?

Hi;

In lieu of other answers ;)

I think if you look in the backend's log, you'll find a line
containing this, very close to startup:

      ... Performing Artwork Refresh: /usr/bin/mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-artwork

In my case, I like it and didn't think twice about
trying to stop it from running.

Part of the 0.27 Housekeeping rewrite. Brings up
another point, if users had a cron job to do this,
then they're no longer required.

In the mean time, how 'bout moving mythmetadatalookup
to some other name and then linking /bin/true to it?

That's the why & stop questions, as to the third question,
I don't know of a 'legal' way to remove the data.

--
Bill