[mythtv-users] No More Free DTAs From Comcast

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Sat Sep 21 04:09:57 UTC 2013

On 9/13/2013 6:26 AM, Karl Newman wrote:

> Interesting. It sounds like you may have a unique situation. Let us
> know what happens with the second CableCard. Maybe I'll call Comcast
> and ask what their policy is on that.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karl

So I got my second Prime on Thursday. Went down to the Comcast office
and picked up a second CableCard. The lady said the price dropped from
$1.10 to $1.00. Whee!

Now I asked her again and again about the HD Programming fee. I asked
her to make sure it wasn't added to my bill when she added the second
card to my account. I asked her several times. She swore by all that
Comcast holds holy that it wasn't.

Wait, that's not much of a promise. I'll have to see what happens on my
next bill.

Anyway, I got the Prime attached to my network this evening and the card
activated. I should get it configured in Myth tomorrow and say a
sorrowful goodby to my classic HDHRs. Actually, it'll be a project to
get my mono-directional digital antenna up into my attic and see if I
can receive any OTA channels from Sutro tower in San Francisco some 25
miles away.