[mythtv-users] mythv 0.27 test packages (future RPM Fusion)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 16:06:45 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at that now...
>
>  # ll image_cache/
> total 0

The question is not whether any directly currently has
content, but if the mythweb application *could* write to them.

If one trusts the mythweb installation instructions (and
one likely should), the recommendation is to install in
/var/www/html/, and then change ownership, writability
to the .../data/ directory which would "address" the
ownership and write-ability issues.

If you are going to review the php code to determine
what writes where (or where it could write), or change
the spec file to create the files in /var/www/html rather
than in /usr/share/mythweb I will back off now (that is
the work I was going to review as a first step).

Gary