[mythtv-users] mythv 0.27 test packages (future RPM Fusion)

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 14:33:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Steve Magnani
<user.serviceable at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 08:15 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Steve Magnani
> > <user.serviceable at gmail.com> wrote:
> >         Is it possible to incorporate the chcon/semanage steps of
> >         http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Fedora#SELinux
> >
> >         ..as postinstall steps for mythweb? I end up having to do
> >         these manually
> >         every time I install a new mythweb RPM.
> >

> > I have to be very careful here. The last two lines shouldn't be a
> > problem because I can undo that on uninstall and they're specific to
> > mythweb. The first two lines I'm uncomfortable with because I can make
> > sure the boolean is enabled upon install, but I have no way of knowing
> > if I should turn them off upon uninstall because the user could have
> > other things installed that require it to be enabled.
>
> Agreed, I don't think it's appropriate to call setsebool. What would be
> nice is to print a warning if SELinux is enforcing (maybe permissive,
> too) and those booleans aren't set compatibly for mythweb.

I can look at echoing something but only people who install from command
line will see it.

> I didn't know if Fedora had packaging guidelines regarding SELinux, or
> how tricky it would be to manage installation differences between
> systems where SELinux is enforcing / permissive / disabled / not
> available at all (although maybe the last is not a reasonable Fedora
> scenario?)

I've done some searching and have only found draft guidelines so they
aren't fully adopted. Just setting the contexts shouldn't be a problem, the
scripts are setup to not exit with an error even if they fail (if selinux
is installed, it succeeds, if not, the error is ignored).

Richard