[mythtv-users] mythv 0.27 test packages (future RPM Fusion)

Steve Magnani user.serviceable at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 14:24:31 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-09-20 at 08:15 -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 8:03 AM, Steve Magnani
> <user.serviceable at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Is it possible to incorporate the chcon/semanage steps of
>         http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_on_Fedora#SELinux
>
>         ..as postinstall steps for mythweb? I end up having to do
>         these manually
>         every time I install a new mythweb RPM.
>

> I have to be very careful here. The last two lines shouldn't be a
> problem because I can undo that on uninstall and they're specific to
> mythweb. The first two lines I'm uncomfortable with because I can make
> sure the boolean is enabled upon install, but I have no way of knowing
> if I should turn them off upon uninstall because the user could have
> other things installed that require it to be enabled.

Agreed, I don't think it's appropriate to call setsebool. What would be
nice is to print a warning if SELinux is enforcing (maybe permissive,
too) and those booleans aren't set compatibly for mythweb.

I didn't know if Fedora had packaging guidelines regarding SELinux, or
how tricky it would be to manage installation differences between
systems where SELinux is enforcing / permissive / disabled / not
available at all (although maybe the last is not a reasonable Fedora
scenario?)

Thanks for your packaging work!
Steven J. Magnani               "I claim this network for MARS!
www.digidescorp.com              Earthling, return my space modulator!"

#include <standard.disclaimer>