[mythtv-users] mythv 0.27 test packages (future RPM Fusion)

John Pilkington j.pilk at tesco.net
Fri Sep 20 08:14:25 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Shaw" <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>
To: "mythtv-users" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, 19 September, 2013 8:04:11 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] mythv 0.27 test packages (future RPM Fusion)

I'm not ready to force upgrade everyone to 0.27 and I plan to wait a bit to see what commits arise from greater testing. That being said, the RPM Fusion builder seems to be down right now so it's a moot point.

Here are some test packages:

SRPM: (Should work for any Fedora release & EPEL 6)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34775202/mythtv-0.27-0.3.fc19.src.rpm

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34775202/mythweb-0.27-0.2.fc19.src.rpm

F19 x86_64:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34775202/mythtv-0.27-0.3.fc19.x86_64.tar.xz

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34775202/mythweb-0.27-0.2.fc19.noarch.rpm

Thanks,
Richard
Once again this compiled (rpmbuild --rebuild) and installed without problems on my 32-bit non-standard-SL6 laptop. Thanks, Richard.

2013-09-20 07:19:41.649542 C mythbackend version: tag: v0.27 [317d5b7] www.mythtv.org
2013-09-20 07:19:41.649624 C Qt version: compile: 4.8.5, runtime: 4.8.5

I'm confused about the benefit tradeoff, for a user without access to up-to-date rpm packages, of building from an SRPM like this - which I can now do - or from a git pull; I have done the pull; it updates very easily, and buildbot keeps reporting build success on f18-64-bit, which I shall want to use. I haven't tried it yet. But AIUI that seems to require config, make, install and I suppose it doesn't produce rpm packages and consequently requires a new management approach. Any comments?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-HOWTO_-_0.26#Manually_building_MythTV

Thanks again,

John P