[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27 is out

Stephen P. Villano stephen.p.villano at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 18:49:13 UTC 2013

On 9/19/13 12:26 PM, Kris Jensen wrote:

> I was having a bit of a upgrade conundrum with the timing of this
> release and the new U.S. TV season starting. However, seeing that the
> RC period was a short and sweet one. I figured the waters seemed calm
> and inviting (to a Linux semi noob), so I jumped in head first. So to
> speak.
>

> All I have to say is "The water is great! Come on in"
>

> Thanks MythTv developers!

I hopped into the water yesterday, upgrading from my 0.26 to 0.27
seamlessly. Only had one bit of strangeness where apt-get upgrade said
that it upgraded but didn't, but using the GUI it went right in.
Adding in yesterday's patches now.

The only problem I encountered may or may not be a problem. The frontend
didn't want to quit out of mythzoneminder, so I had to kill it. Had 0.26
frontend not want to exit as well, but that was fixed in a subsequent
update.