[mythtv-users] tmdb grabber switch to v3

lists.md301 lists.md301 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 13:00:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 6:45 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>wrote:

> On 9/19/2013 4:41 AM, Al Bates wrote:
>
>> Not sure if I'm the only one whose metadata grabber stopped working -
>> can't see any mentions here so perhaps my system is unusual.
>>
>> TMDB recently (September 15th) retired their v2.1 api, which meant that
>> my myth 0.26 system setup (mythbuntu, recently updated) stopped looking up
>> video metadata.
>>
>> The fix (in my theme) is to go to Setup/Artwork and data sources and
>> switch the Movie Metadata Source from TheMovieDB.org to TheMovieDB.org V3
>>
>> Perhaps if you're in the same boat this will be helpful. Can the old
>> source now be removed?
>>

> For 0.27, I made a schema update that forced the switch for users, but
> schema updates are not a possibility for users on fixes branches.  Instead,
> I left a note in the commit that something would need to be done for 0.26,
> and promptly forgot about it.  When I get home this weekend, I'll put
> something in that silently switches users over when they attempt to use the
> old tmdb.py.

This is timely, as I just realized last night (when attempting to grab
metadata for a movie added to the Video Library) that the v2.1 api no
longer worked on my 0.24-fixes production system.  As I'm not quite ready
yet to install 0.27, is it possible for me to just install the latest tmdb3
stand-alone?  If so, I'm unclear how that's would be down.  Perusing
github, I saw that there is a 'setup.py'.  Would I just need to put the
binding files in the proper python place and run that?