[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.27 is out

John Haywood john at jhit.com.au
Thu Sep 19 05:49:24 UTC 2013

On 19/09/2013, at 3:41 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 September 2013 14:31, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Changed the repos in the Mythbuntu Control Center to .27. Ran sudo apt-get
>> update then sudo apt-get upgrade and got:
>>
>> The following packages have been kept back:
>>  mytharchive mythbrowser mythgallery mythmusic mythnetvision mythnews
>> mythtv-backend mythtv-common mythtv-frontend mythtv-transcode-utils
>> mythweather mythweb
>
> I would uninstall them first..
>

>> The following packages will be upgraded:
>>  libmyth-python libmythtv-perl mythtv mythtv-backend-master mythtv-database
>> mythtv-theme-mythbuntu php-mythtv usb-creator-common usb-creator-gtk
>
>> Why would it not upgrade everything?
>
> usually that's a dependency issue. It found a dependency on the new
> package that do not exist or isn't available.
>
> By uninstalling them first (no data will be lost, you can re-install
> them later), it will give more information...
> using a GUI to upgrade your packages usually gives you more details,
> like synaptic.
>
> it could be that a dependency was marked as not to be upgraded,
> various possible reasons

And so the inevitable question (my google-fu seems to have lost a wonderful post with numbered steps, so apologies…)_

I'm currently on 0.24.1 fixes with a mythbuntu version of 10.10 (upgraded)
I'd like to go to 12.04 LTS
and 0.27

What order should I go in, and what intermediate releases of either OS or mythtv should I take ?

Its a given that I clone my HD beforehand and backup the database, but I'd prefer to try an upgrade first before a clean install/db restore as there are a few customisations on the system

Cheers and thanks for a graceful piece of software

John Haywood