[mythtv-users] High end, state of the art Myth Frontend

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Sep 18 23:17:25 UTC 2013

On 09/18/2013 06:21 PM, Joseph Fry wrote:
> But I do know that the US FCC has not adopted A/72... and uses A/53 as
> the standard for broadcast television.  I suppose they could adopt
> A/72 if they chose, but I suspect that it would be too costly?

Don't worry, the government will tell us all there will be converters
available for "as little as $50", then dole out $8B in vouchers that
give you a $50 discount on converters, which will all be priced at
exactly $50 because the vendors designed them based on the
government-quoted price and don't want to charge any less so they can
get the whole $50 of the government vouchers.

Mike