[mythtv-users] connection issue

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 21:04:43 UTC 2013

On 09/18/2013 03:36 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> What I see in the backend log is several "thread unknown"s :
>
> Sep 18 16:05:00 daryl-A780L3C mythbackend[1920]: C thread_unknown  mythcommandlineparser.cpp:2534 (ConfigureLogging) mythbackend version: fixes/0.25 [v0.25.3-49-gb5adf03] www.mythtv.org
> Sep 18 16:05:00 daryl-A780L3C mythbackend[1920]: C thread_unknown  mythcommandlineparser.cpp:2536 (ConfigureLogging) Qt version: compile:  4.8.1, runtime: 4.8.1

> These don't make a lot of sense to me but correlate time wise to the problem.

"thread unknown" is a non issue. The messages are C(ritical) because the
developers always want to know the mythbackend version and Qt version.

What you pasted in the email doesn't look like the entire run of the
backend. But it IS a perfect start. You should pastebin the full run
so folks don't have to try to read the folded lines. (both frontend
and backend logs)

As to why the command I suggested works, yet you don't have a
/etc/init/mythtv-backend.conf file is a mystery. But, I doubt
it has anything to do with your connectivity problem.

Does the output of:   ls -ld /etc/init.d/myth*   look like this:

     lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 21 Aug  9  2012 /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend -> /lib/init/upstart-job

--
Bill