[mythtv-users] 0.25 frontend on raspberry pi?

Evuraan evuraan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 22:47:20 UTC 2013

Greetings!

I am  on OTA with hdhr dual (read as: ginormous mpeg2video files), my
FE has an nvidia GT430.
And this week, the 3 year old GPU's fan started to fail, blurting a
constantly annoying noise.

So I decided to dust out my raspberry pi which I had stowed away
nearly an year ago.

threw in the mpeg,vc-1 codecs, and WHOA, impressive mpeg2 playback at
a mere 5W..! no fans, no hdd, no noise. albiet my tv does not talk CEC
(thank you samsung! O_o ), an usb port on my TV powers the pi.

However, I'd like to use mythfrontend rather than xbmc's cmyth, as
I've extended mine with stuff like child monitors etc.

(I felt a slight aversion to the arm powered pi on the mailing list,
not sure I know why. neither do I agree; it can play back my files
good enough..!)

has anyone tried/implemented 0.25 frontend on raspberry pi? any
pointers will be much appreciated.

thanks!