[mythtv-users] Live TV Guide Stutter

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Sep 17 13:55:13 UTC 2013

On 09/17/2013 07:43 AM, Daniel Foster wrote:
> That does look very likely - I was looking in roughly the right place!
>   Mike is all from packages, but I think I'll have a go at building that in
> and see what happens.
>
> I'm not sure why the free recorders call is needed, as moving to another
> channel in the guide grid doesn't change the tuned channel until enter is
> pressed on it.  Some more code reading might be needed.

Because users complained that the guide showed them shows that they
couldn't tune, with no indication that they couldn't be tuned, and
allowed them to unsuccessfully try to tune them, code was added to check
to see if channels were available when displaying them in the guide.
And, since recordings can start at any time, and Live TV can start (on
another frontend) at any time, and Live TV users (on another frontend)
can change channels at any time, and ...

Mike