[mythtv-users] EPG-data from EPGS.com

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Tue Sep 17 06:15:44 UTC 2013

On 17.09.2013 00:50, Daniel Di Giacomo wrote:
> Am 17.09.2013 00:24, schrieb Gary Buhrmaster:
>> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:54 PM, Daniel Di Giacomo
>> <lists at dadigi.com>  wrote:
>>> Has anyone on this list tried the commercial EPG-data-provider
>>> EPGS.com (http://en.epgs.com/)? Maybe this could be an
>>> alternative to epgdata.com? They offer a free test-account and
>>> EPG-data in xmltv-format, but I cannot find any details on the
>>> pricing for an regular account.
>>
>> The last time I remember someone mentioning this (on some other
>> list, I think), the "end user" service was provided via the
>> timefor.tv website, and was (something like) 15 EU/yr to download
>> XMLTV EPG.
>
> Thank you for the hint.
> There exists an example-import-script for this already:
> http://xmltvwiki.timefor.tv/wiki/Mythtv_importer

Meh, why is none of these scripts a proper xmltv grabber? (add proper
caching so it works well with the 2 downloads per day restriction!)
http://wiki.xmltv.org/index.php/User:Dekarl/Static_File_Grabber_Template

If they had a demo feed of half a dozen programs but without the 14 day
delay and download restriction we could even add them to the nightly
tester and give them the same quality assurance that other grabbers
get... http://www.crustynet.org.uk/~xmltv-tester/squeeze/nightly/

Here's a sample
http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xmltv/xmltv/grab/fr_kazer/tv_grab_fr_kazer?revision=1.6&view=markup

</rant>

Regards,
Karl

PS: Yes, once we have the new mythtv-setup with apiconfig you get that
for free, too.