[mythtv-users] Is anyone using the Ceton PCIe quad?

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 21:23:23 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anything exist in the clear anymore or long term?

Now?  Yes, on some MSOs.  Long term?  I would guess
unlikely, but the definition of "long" will certainly vary for
each MSO.  In a decade or two, I would not be surprised to
see CableCards completely eliminated by most MSOs
are they move to pure IP delivery.  Some MSOs will get
there sooner.

> Often the first
> CableCard is included at no additional charge with a cable subscription.

Usually IFF you have no other MSO provided device.
Each franchise is "special" regarding what you can
get for "free".  My recollection of forums where BH
users post was the BH tended to be a bit different.

Gary