[mythtv-users] 0.27 compile from git pull error

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sun Sep 15 20:58:48 UTC 2013

Hi!

On 2013-09-15 4:40 PM, Mike McMullin wrote:
>   I grabbed this version of myth doing a cut/paste into a terminal:
>
>   Release Candidate: If you'd like to get the 0.27 release candidate
> branch, do this:
>
> git clone -b fixes/0.27 git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
> git clone -b fixes/0.27 git://github.com/MythTV/mythweb.git
>
> These are the files I have and this is the error trying to compile:

libXxf86vm is not provided by MythTV, it's a dependency that you must
install before trying to compile MythTV.

When you get that kind of error message it means you didn't install
something which must be installed *separately* in order to compile
MythTV from source.

> mike at front-main:~/myth-git/mythtv/mythtv$ ./configure
> ERROR: libXxf86vm not found

<snip>

> I'm fairly sure that I have the proper header files needed to build on
> Ubuntu12.04, any idea what my problem is?

No, there a package that you must install that is not currently
installed on your Ubuntu. When you compile from source (instead of
installing a package) you must make sure these dependencies are
installed before you try to compile.

It looks like the package name might be libxxf86vm-dev.

I don't use Ubuntu but it looks like you would need to do:

sudo apt-get install libxxf86vm-dev

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nicolas