[mythtv-users] Record a show once per day (don't care what channel or time)

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 01:09:58 UTC 2013

My kids have a list of recordings they want to schedule. I don't care what
channel the shows are on or what time they come on (ie I want to use the
scheduler's flexibility to catch if Mickey Mouse Clubhouse moves from 7am
to 8am, or to grab a later showing if a higher priority show comes on in
the timeslot).

The problem is that these shows tend to occur ALL DAY LONG.  Each of them
might play unique episodes 5 times a day.  I have the rule set to only keep
3 recordings per show but I don't want my machine recording, commflagging,
snd then auto-expiring all day in a loop on throw-away recordings.

Previously I was on 0.23 and I swear there was a "record once per day"
option.  Today I jumped over to a clean 0.27 build and I don't see the
option any more.  And it isn't in the "Scheduling Recordings" wiki page
either so I'm guessing I'm not just missing it on the mythweb page.

What's the 0.27-way to accomplish this?  A pointer to something my googling
missed would be just fine.

Thanks,

--Jack