[mythtv-users] non-printable character in CC track from Handbrake

Joey Morris rjmorris.list at zoho.com
Fri Sep 13 23:03:05 UTC 2013

Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote on Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:46:20AM -0400:
>> I just tried ripping to .mkv using MakeMKV first and then using
>> Handbrake.
>
> Once you've ripped with MakeMKV, under handbrake you have to tell it
> to add the subtitles.  Currently at work, so can't tell you exactly
> where.

Right. In Handbrake you go to the Subtitles tab, and the Tracks
dropdown menu shows you all the available subtitles. What I'm saying is
that when I look at this dropdown using the .iso as the input, I see
these options:

  Foreign Audio Search
  English (VOBSUB)
  Espanol (VOBSUB)
  Closed Captions (CC)

But when I use the .mkv created by MakeMKV as Handbrake's input, I see
only these options:

  Foreign Audio Search
  English (VOBSUB)
  Espanol (VOBSUB)

When I created the .mkv file with MakeMKV, I did enable all available
video/audio/text streams.