[mythtv-users] writeStringList error no data written on writeBlock (Python bindings?)

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 13 22:16:06 UTC 2013

//snip//

My solution is much better/simpler - delay the end of the script!

I've been monitoring it for a few days and haven't seen a single error since. I might try to avoid the problem by rearranging the script but the brute force fix is to simply add a sleep to the end of silence.py, so that it now looks like this;

# Signal comflagging has finished
rec.commflagged = 1
rec.update()

import time

time.sleep(1)

if __name__ == '__main__':
   main()

Let me know if it works for you.

[Mark]  Thanks Roger for the further response – I will make the changes indicated and watch for reoccurrences.