[mythtv-users] mythvidexport was working now errors out

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Sep 13 11:11:49 UTC 2013

On Sep 13, 2013, at 0:05, William Jacoby <bonelifer at gmail.com> wrote:

> From my mythbackend.log:
>
> Sep 12 21:41:10 william-mythtv mythbackend[21022]: I UserJob_4495 jobqueue.cpp:2404 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: Started Export for Reba:"Mommy Nearest" recorded from channel 12113 at 2013-09-12T14:26:00
> Sep 12 21:41:10 william-mythtv mythbackend[21022]: E UserJob_4495 jobqueue.cpp:2439 (DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: User Job '/usr/bin/mythvidexport.py /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/12113_20130912142600.nuv' failed.
>
> It was working before. Possible permissions error on the folders, I had had trouble moving the files from where it stores them to where I store them. So I ran something like this:
> sudo chown -Rf william:william /var/lib/mythtv/videos/
> sudo chmod -Rf 0777 /var/lib/mythtv/videos/
>
> Not sure if this started happening afterwards or before.I now think I should of set mythtv in smb.conf instead. These are just guesses on my part.

I really need a backtrace, or at least some kind of logging, to have an idea why it might have failed.  If you're using the "%VERBOSEMODE%" flag, the job queue will pass in the necessary variables to have the script log where the rest of MythTV logs.  Otherwise, you may need to run the command manually from the terminal.

One thing that does stand out, are you just running the script with the absolute file name of the recording?