[mythtv-users] Partition resizing gone wrong - All storage groups gone (on the same partition)

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Thu Sep 12 21:14:10 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Sebastian Niehaus <niehaus at web.de> wrote:

> I use lvm, all partitions are on a volume group. Extending a volume
> group and resizing the ext3 partitions went always smoothly (online,
> without need to unmount them).
>
> Very cool feature, I would recommend it (but backup is recommended even
> more ...). PV are two RAID arrays, 4 hard disk drives need some space
> however ...

I haven't tried LVM recently.  I had trouble backing up a disk partitioned
in that scheme once and I ended up using a regular partition scheme
instead.  As for RAID, I've never tried it.  I have the hardware on my
motherboards but I've never given it a shot.  I back up my system
partitions, and I have backups for my personal videos, but the recordings
are live without a net. :)