[mythtv-users] Hauppage RC6 -AND- mythmote (also IP address)

Leif Pihl leif at pihl.us
Thu Sep 12 20:42:08 UTC 2013

Have any of you successfully set up a MythTV box to work with BOTH:
* the remote control that comes with the Hauppage HVR-2250 (possibly referred to as a RC6)
   _AND_
* the Android application called "mythmote" ?

i.e.: In other words...
* Does one have to choose one or the other
   -OR-
* can one use both at the same time?

Tanks

p.s. and/or BTW:
While having attempt 1.0 at setting up the mythmote, I went ahead and got into my router's "innards", and set up yet one more static IP address on my LAN.  My MythTV box now has a static LAN IP ending in ".200".  Now that I've gone and done it, I'm not so sure it was necessary, but I see no need to un-do it at this point.