[mythtv-users] rc_keymaps and non US

Rick Lane zinglefiffy at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 08:41:52 UTC 2013

> I'm saying using LIRC is more work, but gives you a lot of benefits because
> it's /designed/ for use with remote controls (and the way remote controls
> can be used with computers).  In other words a remote control is /not/ just
> some stupid keyboard--it's much more useful than one if properly configured
> with a good application to manage it.

Is LIRC going to diappear eventually? I switched to rc_keymaps
recently when i was rebuilding my mythbox as most of the forum/wikis
suggested it was the 'new way', but i've never really got it working
as well as I got LIRC working. I'm thinking of switching back, but if
all it does is mean I have to jump the same hoops in a year or two
when lirc dies permanently, that might change my mind again...