[mythtv-users] BE errors

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 20:24:50 UTC 2013

On 09/11/2013 03:08 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> I don't think it's done because I can't use the up or north key to scroll
> through previous commands.

It is done because you got a prompt ($) back. The
reason you can scroll is that when you su'd to
the mythtv user, your shell became sh. You're
accustom to using the bash shell.

Had you typed:

      sudo su --preserve-environment mythtv

you would have used the same environment.
See: man su for details.

If you don't believe that it's done, why not
use the ls command and see if the file was
created. Also, you could type man touch to
see exactly what the command does.

You'd also learn that you can touch more than
one file at a time. In fact, you could do all
of them on one command line.

--
Bill