[mythtv-users] DVB-C: importing channels.conf

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Sep 11 08:15:22 UTC 2013

On 11.09.2013 09:39, Yann Lehmann wrote:
> Am 10.09.2013 22:55, schrieb Karl Dietz:
> Is a transport identified by its frequency (e.g. 658000000) ? If yes, I
> already tried to scan only the three missing transports, but with no
> results.

Yes, it is identified by the frequency on cable. But you likely have to
provide more parameters as automatic detection of all parameters is not
implemented in all cards / drivers. The list of frequencies including
all other parameters for each transport is helpful here. But to find
the correct list in the data we need this network_id. You can do this
manually by looking at a list of transports with tuning parameters for
your location and manually entering them all.

You can check the console / the mythtv-setup logfile to verify it is
the missing auto detection. I expect errors like this:

Jul  7 13:30:49 mythmaster mythtv-setup[28567]: E Scanner
dvbchannel.cpp:797 (Tune) DVBChan(1:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0):
Tune(): Setting Frontend tuning parameters failed.
eno: Invalid argument (22)

>> Btw, which provider is that and does that provider ask you to enter a
>> network_id to your TV? Support for this has landed lately in MythTV
>> and will be in the upcoming 0.27 release.
>> See http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/7486
>
> Ok, I will upgrade a test install to 0.27 on the next week-end.

Ok, if everything works as it should in theory, then you enter the
network_id of your location which points to the correct list of
transports which should then include the three missing transports.

Regards,
Karl