[mythtv-users] No More Free DTAs From Comcast

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Wed Sep 11 06:05:44 UTC 2013

On 11.09.2013 03:50, Tom Hayward wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Monkey Pet<monkeypet at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> I cancelled cable TV and went with ... whatever I could
>> tune to using clear QAM over the cable line.
>
> You realize this is theft of services, right?

 From an european view it depends. Many appartment owners force a
minimum cable service upon you via your rental agreement. You will be
getting basic cable service (basically what is called analog + clearqam
in the U.S.) *from your landlord* who pays for it to the Cable Co. and
gets a hefty bribe in return. The cable co. then bombs your mail box
with ads to buy premium service to get you into a direct contract.

10 seconds on google suggest that you have such crap in the U.S., too
http://stopthecap.com/2010/07/19/apartment-complex-owner-makes-cable-service-mandatory-in-13-states-well-add-the-40-to-your-rent/
same same but different :-)

Regards,
Karl