[mythtv-users] No More Free DTAs From Comcast

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 05:20:32 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> So has anyone seen one of these beasts? Model numbers? Descriptions?

The Arris model is HD-DTA100u, the Cisco model is DTA HD170, the
Pace model is the DC60Xu.  I suspect they are all using the same
Broadcom chip (the BCM 7572?).

> I've got to turn back in one of my old "free" DTAs I wasn't using. I'm still
> using the other. I'll ask if they know anything about this mythical unicorn.

The quality of the CSRs vary, from extremely competent and
knowledgeable to <something significantly less>.  Until the
SF Bay Area is scheduled to convert, Comcast may not have
provided the training for any particular CSR to answer the questions
(although you might get lucky).

Gary