[mythtv-users] DVB-C: importing channels.conf

Yann Lehmann aristide at vtxmail.ch
Tue Sep 10 20:08:42 UTC 2013

Hi

As my myth system can't scan some of the dvb-c channels that are
available, I have tried to insert the two unseen transport in the
'dtv_multiplex' table. But I don't know what to put in the field
'transportid'.

To make sure the hardware is working, I did a scan with the dvb-tools to
create a file with all channels. I used this file with VLC and could
watch all the fta channels. The ones that MythTV doesn't see get tuned
fine too.

So my question is: is it still possible to import a 'channels.conf' file
in MythTV ?

On the wiki (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/DVB-C), it is explicitly stated
that importing such a file will lead to problems, but this would be very
handy, as I know all available channels are in that file and can be
tuned with VLC.

Thanks and regards
Yann