[mythtv-users] MythWeb Recorded Program Details page takes forever to load (Even worse on 0.27)

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 08:41:50 UTC 2013

On 10 September 2013 18:14, Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk> wrote:

> I commented that line out and the details page now loads pretty much
> instantly!

ok.. so it's the same issue as me...

connect to mysql on the mythconverg database (mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg)
and run the following command:
SELECT DISTINCT settings.hostname FROM settings WHERE
settings.hostname IS NOT NULL AND settings.value =
"NetworkControlEnabled" AND settings.data  = 1;

This will return a list of hostnames...

On my system, there were about 5 machines that did not exist anymore
and would resolve to my ISP's default search page which cause
searching for mythtv settings taking forever...
today my cable connection was down, and the detail page would take 10
minutes to load; with the internet connection working it would still
take 2 minutes.

If you know of a machine that isn't in use anymore, deleted the settings with:
DELETE FROM `settings` WHERE `hostname` = 'machine_hostname';

That won't solve the issue of findFrontends() taking a long time, but
will bypass it...

> Now, I wonder what causes the Record Program Update function to be so slow?
> :-)

I have that issue too... will look into it