[mythtv-users] MythWeb Recorded Program Details page takes forever to load (Even worse on 0.27)

Dave Pearson lists at the-pearsons.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 08:14:06 UTC 2013

-----Original message-----
From:Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>
Sent:Tue 10-09-2013 07:31
Subject:Re: [mythtv-users] MythWeb Recorded Program Details page takes forever to load (Even worse on 0.27)
To:Discussion about MythTV <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>;
On 10 September 2013 15:17, Dave Pearson <lists at the-pearsons.co.uk> wrote:

> As an end user of this great project, I don't have the knowledge to start
> digging into the code, but I'm very happy to work with someone who does.

Can you give this test a try:

edit /var/www/mythweb/modules/tv/tmpl/default/detail.php

go line 858 and comment :
 $frontends = MythFrontend::findFrontends();

(add // at the beginning of the line)

Does it load faster?

Hi Jean-Yves,

It's actually line 856 on my system (remember I'm running 0.27, so that probably accounts for the different line number).

I commented that line out and the details page now loads pretty much instantly!

I can't remember ever using the program details page to start playback on a frontend, so I'm happy to leave that functionality out.

I've also re-enabled the flash player, which I have used from time to time, and the details page still loads almost instantly.

Thanks for your help - I had thought that perhaps removing the metadata lookup might have an effect ,as I hadn't even thought of the frontend lookup, I was going to ask for some help to remove that as a test.

Now, I wonder what causes the Record Program Update function to be so slow? :-)

Regards,

Dave.