[mythtv-users] Want to test 27. Which distro is packaging 27 RC's?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 12:57:10 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 7:41 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

> I didn't use mock, because I'm not familiar with it, and I needed a lot of
> devel packages.  The awkward ones were:

Yeah, mock is nice because you don't have to install all the devel packages
to your main system, they only get installed into the chroot, but...

http://repo.markwalker.dk/**plexht/el6/i386/libcec/libcec-**
> 2.1.0-1.el6.i386.rpm<http://repo.markwalker.dk/plexht/el6/i386/libcec/libcec-2.1.0-1.el6.i386.rpm>(The changelog says it's a fedora package)

I don't use this either but theoretically it would let you control mythtv
with your TV (or receiver) remote with the commands piped over HDMI (I
think).

> and libcrystalhd, libtheora and libvorbis, from ATrpms and ATrpms-testing.
>  I was a bit wary about mixing ATrpms and rpmfusion but no problem seen
> here.

You would have had to install some other devel packages manually... Which
reminds me, I need to do a RPM Fusion EPEL 6 build, if those packages are
not available for EL then I need to add some conditionals around it in the
spec file to exclude them.

> So... I now have 0.27 (RC) to explore.  Thanks again.  I hope this might
> be useful.

Let me know if you find anything else. I may post a new release before RC2
to fix some of the above.

Thanks,
Richard