[mythtv-users] 0.27 experience...

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Sun Sep 8 04:01:16 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 7:20 AM, Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:

> On 9/5/13 9:05 PM, Warpme wrote:
>
>> On 9/5/13 2:59 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>>
>>> So it looks like #11119 is fixed.
>>>>

>>> hmmm... don't think so.
>>>
>>> I opened a bug not long ago, that was marked as duplicate (#11752)
>>>
>>> the steps to reproduce it aren't like what you describe.
>>>
>>> you have to be in liveTV watching the program for when the scheduled
>>> recording start.
>>>
>>> that recording is now in the liveTV group

>>>  Right. Indeed there is issue like you described.
>> Let's hope it will be fixed soon....

>>  Hmm - it looks like above issue isn't predictable.
> Today I manually scheduled show and start LiveTV few minutes before.
> Myth correctly records show while I continue watching LiveTV
> It looks like this bug manifests not in all conditions...

Well, it was described to me as a "race condition" (two threads fighting
over the same value) so the fact that it's not consistent makes sense.
However it doesn't sound like 0.27 is any worse than 0.25 (and probably
0.26 is about the same at this point, too--I had avoided it for a  while
because IVTV recording was completely broken), so when packages drop for
Gentoo I'll give it a spin.

Thanks,

Karl