[mythtv-users] Upgraded to 0.27 - Can't playback any video

Matt S. skd5aner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 03:24:24 UTC 2013

Hey folks, need some help here.

I upgraded to the latest RC of 0.27 by using git to pull 0.27 fixes as of
tonight. (v0.27-RC1-47-g783944e)

However, immediately after upgrading I can no longer play back any video.
I've tried vdpau and ffmpeg standard decoding, and no luck.  When I try to
launch a video or recording, the "Please Wait..." dialog box pops up and
just sits on the screen indefinitely.  Occasionally I'll hear a very very
short blip of audio.  I then have to kill off the frontend.

The logs, with -v playback just keep printing: Decoder mythplayer.cpp:3319
(DecoderGetFrame) - Player(0): Decoder timed out waiting for free video
buffers.

Here's a full output of mythfrontend -v playback:
http://pastebin.com/gGrVzLiH

I desperately need some assistance or I'll have to rollback pretty quickly!

Thanks!
Matt