[mythtv-users] Gentoo, lirc and mythtv

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Fri Sep 6 22:24:45 UTC 2013

Hi List,

I'm trying out MythTV on Gentoo, but can't get lirc to work with
mythfrontend. Lirc itself seems to work, at least that's what irw tells me.

000000037ff07be1 00 KEY_UP mceusb
000000037ff07be1 01 KEY_UP mceusb
000000037ff07bde 00 KEY_RIGHT mceusb
000000037ff07bde 01 KEY_RIGHT mceusb
000000037ff07bde 02 KEY_RIGHT mceusb
000000037ff07be0 00 KEY_DOWN mceusb
000000037ff07be0 01 KEY_DOWN mceusb
000000037ff07bdf 00 KEY_LEFT mceusb
000000037ff07bdf 01 KEY_LEFT mceusb

My lirc device is /dev/lirc0 according to

# /etc/lirc/hardware.conf
#
#Chosen Remote Control
REMOTE="Windows Media Center Transceivers/Remotes (all)"
REMOTE_MODULES="lirc_dev mceusb"
REMOTE_DRIVER=""
REMOTE_DEVICE="/dev/lirc0"
REMOTE_SOCKET=""
REMOTE_LIRCD_CONF="mceusb/lircd.conf.mceusb"
REMOTE_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Chosen IR Transmitter
TRANSMITTER="None"
TRANSMITTER_MODULES=""
TRANSMITTER_DRIVER=""
TRANSMITTER_DEVICE=""
TRANSMITTER_SOCKET=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_CONF=""
TRANSMITTER_LIRCD_ARGS=""

#Enable lircd
START_LIRCD="true"

and that's what I set in the frontend under "lirc daemon socket". My
~/.lircrc looks like this

#Custom lircrc generated via mythbuntu-lirc-generator
#All application specific lircrc files are within ~/.lirc
include ~/.lirc/mythtv
#include ~/.lirc/mplayer
#include ~/.lirc/xine
#include ~/.lirc/vlc
#include ~/.lirc/xmame
#include ~/.lirc/xmess
#include ~/.lirc/totem
#include ~/.lirc/elisa
#include ~/.lirc/irexec

and ~/.lirc/mythtv like this

begin
    remote = mceusb
    prog = mythtv
    button = KEY_UP
    config = Up
    repeat = 0
    delay = 0
end

begin
    remote = mceusb
    prog = mythtv
    button = KEY_LEFT
    config = Left
    repeat = 0
    delay = 0
end

begin
    remote = mceusb
    prog = mythtv
    button = KEY_OK
    config = Return
    repeat = 0
    delay = 0
end

begin
    remote = mceusb
    prog = mythtv
    button = KEY_RIGHT
    config = Right
    repeat = 0
    delay = 0
end

begin
    remote = mceusb
    prog = mythtv
    button = KEY_DOWN
    config = Down
    repeat = 0
    delay = 0
end

I also tried "prog = mythfrontend" and removed "KEY_" from the button
line and restarted lircd and mythfrontend after each change. What could
I possibly do wrong? Everything works fine on the same PC under Ubuntu.

Thanks
Thomas