[mythtv-users] Carbon Footprint

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Fri Sep 6 16:53:34 UTC 2013

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 01:10:00 +0100, Roger Siddons
<dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>We think the 2 numbers it'll log at the end will always be the same,
> demonstrating that the UTC flag is irrelevant in this case.
>
> I think MythWelcome passes an argument of "2013-09-05T17:00:00". In that
> case the numbers will be different (?)
>
> It's too late here now for me to think about it clearly. Good luck.

Yet another occasion of waking up with a clear head and apologizing for
what I said the night before...

Daryl & Jerry are right, I was spouting rubbish. Your current script (with
Bill's $LOGFILE amendments) is necessary & correct.

Bill, try that command again:

date -u --date "`date --date @1378403399 +%F" "%T`" +%s

It really shouldn't return the same number. I was unlucky enough to pick
an example which simply transposed 2 digits in the middle!